Project Controls Specialist
Looking to join a rapidly growing engineering consulting firm? We’re looking for a driven, results-oriented Project Controls Specialist! This position is responsible for providing successful project execution by aiding project managers, engineers, and designers through the company’s web-based software tool. If you think you’re the perfect candidate – we’d like to meet you!
In this role, the Project Control Specialist helps assure on time project performance and budgeted project income goals. This position also provides company leadership with online dashboards of real-time project and company performance based on costs, manhours, and periodic and ad hoc reports.
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position with associated employment benefits. The Project Controls Specialist is a direct report of the Manager of Projects with everyday interfaces to the Project Managers and Engineers. The Managing Partner and Vice-President of Business Development will require reports and various support from time to time.
- Become a Project PSA Admin and interface as the main controller of projects within the dashboard. Manage the Projector PSA tracking of each project for the company, including project setup, budget establishment, tracking progress using schedule updates, billing milestones, invoicing, posting of ACH and physical bank deposits, and project closeout with final project performance reporting.
- Conduct monthly review of project finances as it relates to correct order values, cost spent to date, estimated cost to complete, estimated cost at completion, profit to date, profit at completion.
- Assist project managers with schedule updates and interface of Projector to Microsoft Project as needed.
- Work with individual engineers to track budget start of projects, achieve milestones for invoicing.
- Work with management to track resource loading and captivity for excavated projects, forecast future billing and resource loading, set up project budgets and billing milestones for the various types of projects, execute invoicing based on achieved milestones, provide reporting for management-determined incentive plan payout, closeout projects.
- Review and verify the project cost are correct, the correct cost is charged to the correct project
- Verify timesheets are correct; help ensure the correct projects and tasks are being charged by the engineering team
- Assist in maintaining client/vendor contracts/purchase orders
- Review and assist with client invoicing, are tasks completed to invoice, has an invoice been issued, has an invoice been paid
- Meet with engineers and management weekly.
- Interface with ASSET bookkeeper and QuickBooks to assure on-time payment of project-related invoices, correct and real-time recognition of income, and reconcile any differences or irregularities with QuickBooks on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills to effectively convey information to team members, management and clients when necessary
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- High attention to details
- Negative drug test results and background check results satisfactory to ASSET
- Authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for work sponsorship
Desired Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience in use of industry standard professional services or project management software
- Experience developing invoices and tracking project budgets
- Self-starter who is assertive and can initiate interactions with engineers and management
- Training in Projector PSA is preferred, but not required
ASSET Engineering is a rapidly growing consulting firm anchored by veteran power system design leaders and a growing team of engineers. We offer an excellent compensation package including medical, dental, vision, accident, and life insurance for all regular full-time employees, subsidy for employee family coverage, flexible spending account, educational assistance program, simple IRA plan, company financial performance, and individual contribution incentive plan and an array of other company perks.
How to Apply
Simply email us, at email@example.com with a cover letter and your resume. Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject line. References are not required, but are welcomed.