Now Hiring: Project Engineer
ASSET Engineering seeks an Project Engineer with a minimum of four years of electrical design or related experience in high and medium voltage power generation, transmission, and distribution systems. The team that the successful candidate will join is in Canton, MS. If you have a degree in Electrical Engineering, have passed your Fundamentals of Engineering or are already a licensed engineer, already possess basic (or more) experience in our field, and enjoy seeing projects designed from their inception through commissioning, then you are likely a fit for ASSET Engineering!
Canton is located in Madison County, Mississippi, which features award winning schools, nearby watersports at Ross Barnett Reservoir, ample outdoor recreation opportunities, amenities of larger metropolitan areas with close-in communities an close-knit neighborhoods. Canton is the Madison County seat, and is just north of Jackson, the state capital.
• Work within the project team to develop project deliverables within budgeted man-hours with high quality and on schedule.
• Develop electrical system studies, such as short circuit, load flow, protective device coordination, transient motor starting, harmonics, arc flash hazard, transient overvoltage, insulation coordination, and temporary overvoltage using industry standard software.
• Manage ASSET projects, coordinating the activities of other design professionals in multiples disciples, maintaining direct client interactions, controlling cost budget and schedule for the ASSET’s contract and that of the larger client project, taking the leadership role for quality control on assigned projects.
• Provide technical support in the development of ASSET proposals, which will include application engineering, writing or equipment performance specifications, conceptual design and drawing development, and review of equipment quotations.
• Participate in ongoing technical training through work assignments and strategically selected 3rd party classes.
• Other technical and marketing duties as assigned.
• BS in Electrical Engineering from a US accredited college or university
• Possess an Engineer in Training certificate or are already licensed
• Minimum four years relevant experienced with electrical power systems
• Working knowledge of electrical power systems and protective relaying
• Proficient speaking and writing skills
• Willing to travel infrequently (once a monthly or less, for two or three nights away from home) for client review meetings and site start-ups
• Background check results satisfactory to ASSET
• Negative drug test results
• All of the above AND
• Experienced in protection and control design, electrical systems studies, and development of relay setting for GE and SEL relays
• Experience with electric power transmission, distribution, and/or generation systems
• Experience being a part of project teams
To Apply for this Position:
We ask all candidates to submit their resume through this job posting or by contacting us at email@example.com. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current opening, please submit your resume of that position so you may be considered immediately.
ASSET Engineering is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Established in 2000, ASSET Engineering is a consulting firm recognized as a specialist in power system design and analysis. Our team is anchored by veteran power system design leaders and a growing team of control system professional engineers. We provide our clients decades of experience in specialized electrical engineering design, protection and control systems, and project management services. Our clients include utility companies, independent power producers, and large industrial and institutional power users.
ASSET Engineering employees enjoy an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, accident, and life insurance for all regular full-time employees and subsidy for employee purchase of coverage for family members; flexible spending account; education assistance program; simple IRA Plan; incentive plan based on company financial performance and induvial contribution; and a family-friendly social work environment.