We Are Hiring! Project Controls Specialist
Looking to join a rapidly growing engineering consulting firm? We’re looking for a driven, results-oriented Project Controls Specialist! This position is responsible for providing successful project execution by aiding project managers, engineers, and designers through the company’s web-based software tool. If you think you’re the perfect candidate – we’d like to meet you!
In this role, the Project Control Specialist helps assure on time project performance and budgeted project income goals. This position also provides company leadership with online dashboards of real-time project and company performance based on costs and manhours and periodic and ad hoc reports.
• Interface with Projector PSA as the main controller of projects within Projector PSA. Manage the Projector PSA tracking of each project for the company, including project setup, budget establishment, tracking progress using schedule updates, billing milestones, invoicing, posting of ACH and physical bank deposits, and project closeout with final project performance reporting.
• Assist project managers with schedule updates and interface of Projector to Microsoft Project as needed.
• Work with individual engineers to track budget start of projects, achieve milestones for invoicing.
• Work with management to track resource loading and captivity for excavated projects, forecast future billing and resource loading, set up project budgets and billing milestones for the various types of projects, execute invoicing based on achieved milestones, provide reporting for management-determined incentive plan payout, closeout projects.
• Develop and create dashboards and standard reports for project managers, engineers, designers, and management.
• Meet with engineers and management weekly.
• Assist sales and proposal efforts in developing budgets and costs for new projects. Work with the Sales Team to establish an interface with SalesForce, if possible, and to create a project estimating template in Projector similar to the Excel templates presently in use.
• Interface with ASSET bookkeeper and QuickBooks to assure on-time payment of project-related invoices, correct and real-time recognition of income, and reconcile any differences or irregularities with QuickBooks on a quarterly and annual basis.
Position Entry Skills and Experience
• Experience in use of industry standard professional services or project management software
• Developing invoices and tracking project budgets
• Self-starter who is assertive and can initiate interactions with engineers and management
• Training in Projector PSA preferred
The Project Controls Specialist is a direct report of the Manager of Projects with everyday interfaces to the Project Managers and Engineers. The Managing Partner and Vice-President of Business Development will require reports and various support from time to time.
This is a full-time salaried exempt position with associated employment benefits. The workweek is typically 40 to 45 hours, and may vary longer in support of project schedules and quarterly financial reconciliation.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com.